The School Of Alberta Ballet Professional Division
The School of Alberta Ballet provides a passion-driven educational program that brings together a world renowned ballet faculty with first class academic professionals who are working in concert to provide the very best technical training and academic study available. Our school provides the flexibility that is required to accommodate the training, travel and demands of our elite dancers. Our students are enrolled in an academic program designed to complete the requirements for their Alberta High School Diploma and to graduate with the qualifications necessary to enter the post-secondary institutions of their choice.
Academic programming at the School of Alberta Ballet is offered for Professional Division students in grades 7 through 12. Students in the Professional Division experience a personalized learning environment that caters to the unique backgrounds, talents and abilities of the student. Small class sizes foster individualized attention for each student. The School of Alberta Ballet is committed to offering courses which reflect the passion of the students through locally developed courses as extensions of the mandated core curriculum.
Located on the School of Alberta Ballet campus, directly across the courtyard from the ballet studios, the academic facility of the school includes six classrooms including a science lab, a school library, a multipurpose room, break-out space, and lunch area.
We believe that learning should be:
- Personalized based on the abilities and interests of each individual student
- Flexible to accommodate the unique learning needs of students
- Relevant with cross-curricular connections to the dancer's lives
- Rooted in collaboration among teachers and students
- Supported by best practices in teaching
- Balanced between core curriculum and complementary classes
- Designed to allow students to responsibly engage their learning