Please click on one of the below career opportunities to see the full job description and application information.
Male Dancer, Alberta Ballet II
Read More >>>
The School of Alberta Ballet is seeking a young male dancer, between the ages of 18 and 21, to join Alberta Ballet II in its current season.
Alberta Ballet II is Canada’s newest dance project for emerging artists led by Director Aram Manukyan. This FREE, intensive training program was designed to attract top level dancers and bridge the gap between school and a professional career in the dance industry.
Members of Alberta Ballet II will join Alberta Ballet onstage in select productions – under the direction of Alberta Ballet’s Artistic Director Jean Grand-Maître. Dancers will be paid an honorarium as well as a shoe allowance when performing with the company.
Our emerging artists will also have the opportunity to work with guest choreographers and other Alberta Ballet artistic staff and form an integral part of Alberta Ballet’s education and outreach programs, touring across the province.
Along with a rigorous daily training schedule, Alberta Ballet II members will also have professional development opportunities – giving them the tools to successfully audition for, perform with, and excel in dance companies around the world.
- High School Diploma
- Strong classical and contemporary dance training
- Between the ages of 18 and 21
Candidates are invited to audition in-class at our Calgary studios. To arrange a visit, please contact Aram Manukyan, Director, Alberta Ballet II, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video auditions are also welcome via YouTube or DVD. Please send your CV and the link to your YouTube video to email@example.com, or submit your CV and DVD audition to:
Part-Time Residence Supervisors
Read More >>>
The School of Alberta Ballet is seeking part-time Residence Supervisors to support the school’s boarding residence for up to 40 out of town students ages 12 to 18, during weekends, nights and overnights. Part-time Residence Supervisors should have a background in child and youth care, social work, teacher assisting, camp counselling, coaching, nursing or a related field. Successful candidates for this position should have a positive disposition with enthusiasm, excellent communication skills and a good understanding of children’s welfare. Residence Supervisors will work closely with others as a team, aiding in the logistics of managing the active supervision of the boarding students.
- Support the Head of Residence to provide supervision and care to youth, including meal preparation as required—overnight shifts required
- Support meaningful inclusion and active participation of all individuals within their community
- Organize individual and group check-ins to ensure youth are functioning optimally
- Assist in all aspects of residential care for students to ensure adequate personal hygiene, completion of chores, homework and other required activities
- General administration, report writing, record keeping
- Minimum Diploma in Child and Youth Care or similar combination of experience and skills
- Current First Aid and CPR Level C
- Food Safe Certification or willingness to complete upon hire
- Successful Criminal and Vulnerable Records Check
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with youth
- Knowledge of theory, principles and practices in the field of youth care (collaborative problem solving, conflict resolution, positive reinforcement etc.)
- Good understanding of the world of the performing arts
- Ability to organize, initiate and manage multiple tasks, work well under pressure and set priorities
- Proven teamwork abilities, but also strong self-motivation
- Must be physically able to complete tasks and participate in activities
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
This is a part-time position with a salary starting at $16/hour, including weekends, nights and overnight shifts. Hours can range from 4-16 hours per week with an average of 4 hours per shift to start, with more hours guaranteed beginning in the summer.
This position will be available until suitable candidates are found. Please submit resume and cover letter to Joan Majchrowski at firstname.lastname@example.org.